Unique, dynamic, and superior
Unique, dynamic, and superior – these are also the hallmarks of the design presented by the new R 1200 GSW.
The BMW R 1200 GSW is a living legend. For 32 years the GS models have been molding the segment of travel enduros. They set engineering standards and have proven to be trusty companions on every riding adventure. BMW Motorrad is writing a new chapter in its story of success and taking the R 1200 GSW into a new era.
Start them young with this super cool, authentically styled 6 volt electric BMW R 1200 GSW. The bike plays realistic sounds and has a maximum speed of 4km. This bike also has two supporting stabilizer wheels to keep it upright and rubber strip on the rear tyre for grip.
|Days:||Peak/High Season||Shoulder Season
|15 to 21||NZ$279.00||NZ$255.00|
|6 to 14||NZ$299.00||NZ$275.00|
|2 to 5||NZ$319.00||NZ$299.00|
|Engine Type||Four-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||1170cc|
|Bore x Stroke||101 mm x 73 mm|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh six-speed gearbox with helical cut gears|
|Fuel System||Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system|
|Suspension travel front/rear||210 mm / 220 mm|
|Dry Weight||573 lbs. (Wet) / 260 kgs|
|Seat Height||35.0" / 35.8" (850 / 870 mm), adjustable seat height|
|Wheelbase||59.4 in. / 1.507 mm|
Front wheel location / suspension
|BMW Telelever, Ø 37 mm, central spring strut|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW EVO Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable via handwheel|
|Brakes Front||Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper|
|Brakes Rear||Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper|
|Tyre Front||120/70 R 19|
|Tyre Rear||170/60 R 17|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||7.9 gal./ 29.9 litres|
Rates include Free side luggage cases, unlimited Kms˚ and tax
Peak/High Season: November – March
Shoulder/Low season: April – October
Bond: $3,750.00 or $950.00*
*Add $30 per day to the hire rate for this bond rate to apply. Minimum hire 7 days to be eligible.
Includes Tax, Unlimited Kilometres (4+ days only)
- License requirements
- Security Bond
- Collision Damage Waiver - $33 per day for lower bond rate, minimum 7 days rental to be eligible.
- FREE Side Luggage for Standard Cases.
- FREE Unlimited Kilometers on rentals 6 Days & over*
- Navigation TomTom Rider 400/450 GPS available NZ$10 per day (maximum NZ$120 per rental, Bond NZ$400).
- Bring your own GPS complete with wiring & mounts - fitting charge NZ$50 plus any hardware we need to provide.
- Top-boxes available @ $4 per day ($80 Maximum).
- Tank-bags available @ $4 per day (NZ$48 Maximum).
- Lowering links can be fitted to the rear suspension of Tiger 900, DL650 NZ$80 fitting fee.
- Low Seats available for some models, please ask for options NZ$80 per hire.
- Puncture repair and tyre inflation kits supplied for NZ$20 per hire.
*Short Term Rentals 2 to 5 days have 350 kilometres per day included – Free, additional KM over 350 per day will be charged at 39c per KM on bikes up to 750cc, 59c/km on bikes over 760cc
- Rider minimum age is 21 years old and must hold valid motorcycle license & can only hire bikes up to 650cc
- Hire Motorcycles 700cc and over have a minimum rider age of 25.
- Long Term Hires - Hires over 22 days rates are by negotiation, please ask for options
- We have depots in Auckland and Christchurch, one-way hires are Okay. One way hires Auckland -Christchurch, or Christchurch – Auckland will incur a $799 surcharge.
All our rental motorcycles are maintained by fully qualified motorcycle technicians, and are New Zealand Government Transport certified as rental vehicles.
During the hire period NZBIKE.COM is not obliged to replace an accident damaged motorcycle, but we will do our best to get you back on the road as soon as possible. If you damage a motorcycle you must report this to NZBIKE.COM immediately.
During the hire period the hirer is responsible for taking care of the motorcycle including basic maintenance, including correct tyre pressures, Oil levels, and - on hires over 22 days - Oil and filter replacement (if necessary) is paid by us. Proof of purchase must be provided on return of the motorcycle for re-imbursement.
Most overseas licenses are valid for use in New Zealand; the same restrictions apply as the country of origin. Riders must be 25 years of age or over for all our motorcycles over 700cc and have reasonable riding experience. Licenses must have a motorcycle endorsement. If your license is not in English, an international driving permit will be required.
The customer or the customer's travel agent is responsible for all paperwork requiring entry to New Zealand. Requirements due to COVID-19 change frequently so please check the latest requirements.
- 20% deposit required to confirm a RENTAL booking. Deposit 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 30 days of hire commencing.
- 10% deposit required to reserve a TOUR booking. Deposit is 50% refundable if cancelled prior to 60 days of tour commencing, Payments and Deposits if cancelled within 30 days of departure are non-refundable.
- Confirmed Tours need to be fully paid 60 days prior to departure, full tour payment is 50% refundable up to 30 days from departure.
A bond equal to the insurance excess amount is required from the hirer at the time the motorcycle is picked up. This bond is to be secured with a credit card pre-authorization and is cancelled when the motorcycle is returned undamaged to NZBIKE.COM Depot. Any damage to the motorcycle, up to the insurance excess will be deducted from the security bond (or CDW amount if applicable).
- Note: Credit Card is needed on hire pickup, Bonds are not charged but a pre-authorization of the bond amount is confirmed. Your credit card must have sufficient clear funds equal to the bond amount.
Motorcycle insurance is not included in the rental rates. It covers damage to the motorcycle, fire and theft only. The hirer is separately liable for any accessories hired with the motorcycle. The insurance excess (deductible) varies per model and is listed in the schedule Insurance Deposits.